Frequently Asked Questions:

The Nonantum Resort can seat up to 175 guests in our Ballroom and River Room, and can host up to 350 under a tent on our back lawn overlooking the river.

The facility fee, any set-up fees, food and beverage are all included toward the minimum. Tax, service charge and overnight guest rooms are not included in the minimum.

This fee covers the use of the Ballroom; weddings with at least 120 guests in attendance will also be given use of the River Room at no additional charge. (Please note this does not apply to tented events).

Weddings with less than 120 guests may choose to have use of the River Room for an additional facility fee of $500. China, flatware, stemware, and indoor set-up and breakdown are also covered in the facility fee.

The service charge covers the gratuity for the banquet staff working the event.

You are able to decorate however you choose, but may not affix the decor to the walls or ceiling with nails, tacks, tape, or anything that may cause damage.

With 109 guestrooms onsite, there is plenty of space for your guests to enjoy the Nonantum Resort!

When you book your wedding date, we generate a room block for your group that includes a multitude of room types and is appropriately positioned for your wedding. For more information room block specifics, please reach out to Tim Ames; or discuss during a site tour.

Because of our quiet hours at 11pm, all of our events have to end by 10:30pm.

Maine residents must apply in the town where they reside. The license is valid in any community in Maine for a period of 90 days from the date intentions are filed.
Couples who maintain separate Maine residencies must apply in the community in which at least one of them resides.

Out of state residents may apply in any municipal office. However, the Town of Kennebunkport issues marriage licenses to couples being married in Kennebunkport only. The license is valid for a period of 90 days from the date intentions are filed, and is valid anywhere within the state of Maine.

If one of the parties is a Maine resident, and the other resides out of state, both parties apply in the town of residence of the Maine resident. The license is valid in any community in Maine for a period of 90 days from the date intentions are filed.

The first thing you should do is call the Town Clerk at 207-967-4243 ext. 111. She will ask you a few questions and arrange to get you the appropriate forms to complete the steps below. *The Town Clerk does not do marriage licenses while you wait.* They are done by appointment only.

Step 1 – Intentions of Marriage

The parties must complete an Intention of Marriage form either in the presence of the Town Clerk or by mail. The Intentions include a signed certification that the information provided is correct and that the applicant is free to marry according to the laws of this State. If done by mail, notorized signatures are required. The Intention of Marriage application is a legal document. You are responsible and liable for providing the information and documentation required. The paperwork must be completed and notorized (if applicable) in BLACK INK ONLY. Forms completed in any other color will not be accepted for filing.

Step 2 – Filing Fee

The filing fee is $40.00 (as of 2014/15). Make checks payable to the Town of Kennebunkport.

Step 3 – Previous Marriage(s)

If either party has been previously married, a certified copy of the death certificate or divorce decree of the last marriage must be submitted to the Town Clerk at the time of filing of the Marriage Intentions. Certified means that the documents are affixed with a raised or gold seal and/or contain original signatures. A record of divorce, if not in English, must be translated into English by a disinterested 3rd person at the parties’ expense.

Step 4

The completed Intention of Marriage, filing fee and divorce/death decree(s), if applicable, must be forwarded (at a maximum of 90 days prior to the ceremony) to the Town Clerk where the parties are required to file their intentions. Couples filing in Kennebunkport, please forward the paperwork to:

Town of Kennebunkport
Attn: Marriage License
P.O. Box 566
Kennebunkport, ME 04046

Step 5

Both parties must appear in person at the Office of the Town Clerk, prior to the ceremony, to sign the marriage license. Proof of identity is required (driver’s license or State ID with current address, etc.) Couples who file in Kennebunkport may appear in the Town Clerk’s Office Monday through Friday, between 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM. The office is closed weekends and holidays with no exceptions. You need to call ahead and make an appointment to ensure that the Clerk will be available when you arrive.

For more information about what we can offer visit our main weddings page here.

  • Have a question you don't see answered here?

    Let us know and one of our wedding coordinators will contact you!