Dock Square in Kennebunkport is the perfect place to traverse during the summer months. You’ll get a feel for Kennebunkport’s characteristics when you visit this area, nestled right in the center of town. Visiting Dock Square gives you the opportunity to explore boutiques and galleries, as well as enjoy quaint cafes, restaurants, and the natural beauty of Kennebunkport. Dock Square is only a three drive and a fifteen-minute walk away from The Nonantum Resort – the quick commute is just another reason to spend an afternoon at Dock Square!
What You’ll Find at Dock Square in Kennebunkport
Like we mentioned above, there’s so much to do when you visit Dock Square. It’s a great place to visit if you want to get a true taste of what Kennebunkport has to offer. You’ll find unique shopping, great eats, and beautiful building and scenery. Read below to find out more about what you can find when you visit Dock Square in Kennebunkport.
Dock Square Shopping
There is a delightful mix of different types of shops at Dock Square – boutiques, galleries, souvenir stores, and more. You’ll find everything from unique gifts and handmade, to clothes and beachwear, and even some culinary expertise that you can bring home.
- Daytrip Society, recently named readers’ choice in Downeast’s Best of Maine, is a great shop for women. Here, you’ll find eclectic apparel and accessories, books and paper goods, and more.
- Compliments Gallery has a massive collection of things to shop for, including calendars, ceramics, furniture, glass, jewelry, and lighting.
- Abacus Gallery is a one-of-a-kind gift shop where you’ll find homemade crafts and intricate jewelry.
Eateries in Dock Square
If you’re feeling hungry after stopping at a few shops, there’s no shortage of lovely cafes and restaurants in Dock Square. You’ll also find ice cream and candy shops that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth!
- The Clam Shack is one of Kennebunkport’s favorite restaurants. If you love seafood, The Clam Shack is the restaurant for you. Indulge in the freshest fried seafood and locally-caught lobster, and of course, the infamous lobster rolls.
- Alisson’s is Kennebunkport’s neighborhood pub. Here, you’ll find delicious burgers, chilled lobster rolls, cold brews, as well as a bird’s-eye view of Dock Square when you dine on the second floor.
The Views in Dock Square
Kennebunkport is full of natural beauty, no matter where you are. You’ll be able to walk along Ocean Avenue, one of Kennebunkport’s most well-known streets. On Ocean Avenue, you’ll see gorgeous houses on one side of the road and the massive Atlantic Ocean and sailboats on the other side. You’ll also get glimpses of the Bush Compound and St. Ann’s church. Don’t forget to admire all of the beauty in Kennebunkport when you visit Dock Square!
The Nonantum Resort has joined The Kennebunkport Promise, pledging that we are doing everything possible to ensure that our town, and our resort, is a safe place to stay and play. Our entire staff is committed to maintaining a safe, clean, and positive atmosphere for everyone during these uncertain times. Every day, we administer procedures that considerably exceed the minimum standards, guidelines, and practices in the hospitality industry. Read in full detail about the protocols and guidelines we go by to ensure a safe reopening on our website. We understand that during this time, plans for traveling may change or get canceled, requiring adjustments to your plans. This is why we initiated a 7-day, no penalty cancellation policy. The Nonantum Resort is the best place to stay when you visit Kennebunkport, Maine. After your day spent walking through Dock Square, come back to our peaceful resort to enjoy the rest of your night, or relax before your night begins. Our simple, elegant rooms will make you feel right at home. Aside from the beauty of our resort, one of the best things about Nonantum is its location. Located right on Ocean Avenue, you’re within walking distance of all of the shops, restaurants, Colony Beach, and all the other attractions of Kennebunkport. For an unforgettable escape from reality, call us at 207-967-4050.