The Kennebunkport area offers arts, architecture, antiques, shopping, boating, beaches, golf, and numerous other outside and indoor activities. Both Kennebunkport and neighboring Kennebunk have historic districts and offer tours of the homes of sea captains and shipbuilders. Shoppers in search of unique gifts and treasures will find them in the shops, boutiques and galleries of Dock Square, Lower Village, and downtown Kennebunk.
Visitors can see the area on bike, foot, by car or by trolley right from our door. Or explore the seacoast from the water aboard a lobster boat, on a whale watch, a charter boat, a kayak or a canoe. You will not want to miss a walk along Parson’s Way with sweeping ocean views and Former President George H.W. Bush’s summer home – Walker’s Point.
Cape Porpoise is near by. It’s a classic Maine fishing village with a stunning view of Goat Island Lighthouse. Not far from the village is the perfectly picturesque Goose Rocks Beach, truly one of the country’s most extraordinary beaches.
For a list of family-friendly activities available right here at the resort click HERE!
- River Tree Arts, 35 Western Ave, Kennebunk, ME. Art classes and workshops for adults and children. 207-967-9120
- Seashore Trolley Museum – Largest collection of trolley cars in the world. Log Cabin Road – Kennebunkport, ME | 207-967-2712
- Brick Store Museum – Ship Models, Historic Displays, Rare Antiques, Paintings, Decorative Arts. 117 Main St. Kennebunk, ME | 207-985-4802
- Kennebunkport Historical Society – 135 North St. Kennebunkport, ME | 207-967-2751
- White Columns – Greek Revival House open mid-June to mid-October, Dock Square, Kennebunkport, ME | 207-967-2751
- Ogunquit Museum of American Art – 543 Shore Rd. Ogunquit, ME | 207 646-4909
- Portland Museum of Art – 7 Congress Square, Portland, ME | 207-775-6148
- Meeting House Museum – Historical Society of Wells & Ogunquit, Rt 1, Wells, ME | 207-646-4775.
- Old York Historical Society – 207 York St. York, ME | 207-363-4974
- Children’s Museum of Maine – 142 Free St. Portland, ME | 207-828-1234.
- Strawbery Banke Museum – 14 Hancock St. Portsmouth, NH | 603-433-1100
- Mother’s Beach – Short sandy section of perfect sand beach which is well protected. Playground. Stickers required, available at Town Hall & Beach Pay Station Kiosks. No facilities. Lifeguard on duty.
- Gooch’s Beach – Largest part of Kennebunk Beach, along Beach Avenue, with talcum powder sand. Parking sticker required, available at Town Hall & Beach Pay Station Kiosks. No snack bar. Portable toilets. Lifeguards.
- Middle Beach – Rocky section of Kennebunk Beach between Mother’s and Gooch’s with pretty black stones. Sticker also required available at Town Hall & Beach Pay Station Kiosks.
- Colony Beach – Just a short walk from the Nonantum at the mouth of the Kennebunk River lies this 150-foot beach. Limited parking. No lifeguard.
- Cleaves Cove Beach – Secluded and scenic beach off Ocean Avenue. No parking. No facilities. No lifeguards.
- Goose Rocks Beach – Very soft sand, great for walking. Scenic and beautiful. Parking sticker required or trolley access. No facilities or lifeguard.
Kennebunk/Kennebunkport Beach Parking Stickers available at Beach Pay Station Kiosks, Chamber of Commerce, Town Hall and Police Station.
Scenic Boat Tours
- Pineapple Ketch – Sailing Trips departing daily from the Nonantum Resort | 207-468-7262
- Rugosa – 1 – 1 1/2 hour scenic lobster-boat tour, Departing daily from the Nonantum Resort Marina | 207-468-4095
- Schooner Eleanor – Sailing Trips – Arundel Wharf, Ocean Ave Kennebunkport | 207-967-8809
- Finestkind Scenic Cruises – Perkin’s Cove. Scenic lobster, lighthouse, sailing and cocktail cruises. May through October | 207-646-5227
- Casco Bay Lines – Year-round narrated cruises on Casco Bay. Daily ferry service to five Casco Bay Islands from Casco Bay Ferry Terminal at Commercial and Franklin Streets, Portland | 207-774-7871
- Portland Discovery Land and Sea Tours – Take a tour of Portland and the lighthouses in a trolley or jump aboard an ocean cruise to see the sights from the water. Combination packages starting at just $38/adult and $28/child.
- First Chance Whale Watch – 1 ½ hour scenic cruise departs from next to bridge – Kennebunk River | 207-967-5507
- Libreti Rose II – Captain Bruce Hebert. Daily in-season charters departing from the Nonantum Resort Marina | 207-432-4349
- Captain Greg Metcalf – Sight-seeing and Sport Fishing Charters – Kennebunkport
- Bunny Clark Deep Sea Fishing – Perkin’s Cove. Half & Full Day Trips | 207-646-2214
- Gone with the Wind – Kayaking Rentals, Lessons, and Equipment | 207-283-8446
- Eldredge Brothers Fly Shop – Cape Neddick | 207-363-9269
- Sea Road Church – 140 Sea Rd. Kennebunk, ME | 207-985-3319
- Kennebunk Baptist Church – 77 Main St (Rt. 1), Kennebunk, ME | 207-985-5921
- Village Baptist Church – 6 Maine St. Kennebunkport, ME | 207-967-3240
- Franciscan Monastery – (Catholic) 28 Beach Ave. Kennebunk, ME | 207-967-2011
- St. Martha’s – (Catholic) 34 Portland Rd (Rt. 1), Kennebunk, ME | 207-985-6252
- First Congregational Church – 141 North St. Kennebunkport, ME | 207-967-3897
- St. Ann’s by the Sea – (Episcopal) 167 Ocean Ave. Kennebunkport, ME | 207-967-8043
- Church on the Cape – 3 Langsford Rd. Cape Porpoise, ME | 207-967-5787
- St. Andrew’s – (Presbyterian) 7 Portland Rd (Rt. 1). Kennebunk, ME | 207-985-4303
- South Congregational Church – Temple St, Kennebunkport, ME | 207-967-2793
- First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church – 114 Main St (Rt. 1), Kennebunk, ME | 207-985-3700
- Christ Church – 6 Dane St. Kennebunk, ME 207-985-4494
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church – 2 Lord St. Kennebunk, ME | 207-985-4803
- St. David’s Episcopal Church – 138 York St (Rt. 1), Kennebunk, ME | 207-985-3073
- Cape Arundel Golf Course – Kennebunkport, ME 207-967-3494
- Webhannet Golf Club – Kennebunk, ME 207-967-3951
- Dutch Elm Golf Course – Brimstone Road, Arundel, ME 207-282-9850
- Biddeford/Saco Country Club – Old Orchard Road, Saco, ME 207-282-5883
- Dunegrass at Old Orchard Beach Country Club – 49 Ross Road, – Old Orchard Beach, ME 207-934-4513
- Cape Neddick – Shore Road, Cape Neddick, ME 207-361-2011
- The Ledges – Ledges Drive, York, ME 207-351-3000
- The Links at Outlook – Route 4, Berwick, ME 207-384-4653
- Merriland Farm – Coles Hill Road, Wells, ME 207-646-0508
- Old Marsh 445 Clubhouse Road Wells, ME 04090, 207-251-4653
- Sanford Golf Course – Country Club Road, Sanford, ME 207-324-5462
- Point Sebago Golf Resort – Casco, ME 655-2747
- Hillcrest Golf – Driving Range and Mini Par 3 Pitch & Putt – 71 Western Ave. Kennebunk, ME 207-967-4661
- Tee Shot Golf Range – North Berwick Road, Wells, 207-646-2727
- River Tree Arts, 35 Western Ave, Kennebunk, ME. Summer Camps for kids. 207-967-9120
- Funtown/Splashtown USA – Amusement and Water Park, RT 1, Saco, ME | 207-284-5139
- Palace Playland – Beachfront Amusement Park and Arcade, Old Orchard Beach, ME | 207-934-2001
- Aquaboggan – Maine’s Original Water Park, RT 1, Saco, ME | 207-282-3112
- Monkey Trunks – High-rope and Zipline Park, Cascade Rd. Saco, ME | 207-452-8812
- Joker’s Family Fun and Games – Indoor Children’s Arcade, 100 Larrabee Rd. Westbrook, ME | 207-887-9556
- Children’s Museum and Theatre of Maine – Interactive Exhibits and Activities, 142 Free St. Portland, ME | 207-828-1234
- York’s Wild Kingdom – Zoo and Amusement Park, RT 1, York, ME | 207-363-4911
Goat Island Lighthouse – Cape Porpoise. Built in 1834. Best viewed from Cape Porpoise Pier. Get on Route 9 into Cape Porpoise, where Route 9 makes a 90-degree left hand turn, go straight. Drive 1/2 mile to end/Pier and park.
Cape Elizabeth Light / Two Lights State Park – Cape Elizabeth. Two lighthouses are perched atop the rocky shoreline. Off Rt. 77 in Cape Elizabeth. Directions: Take Route 1N into Scarborough. Take a right onto Route 207 (traffic light at Oak Hill). Take Route 207 (Black Point Road). Follow almost to the end and take a left onto Route 77. Follow Route 77 to Two Lights road on right.
Portland Head Light & Museum – Cape Elizabeth. Maine’s oldest lighthouse. Commissioned by George Washington in 1791. Adjacent to Fort Williams Park. Large grounds with picnic facilities and museum on the premises. 1000 Shore Rd. (off Rt. 77) Cape Elizabeth. 799-2661. Directions – Option One: Follow directions to Cape Elizabeth Light continuing beyond Two Lights Road on route 77 to Shore Road/Portland Headlight. Option Two: Take I-95N to I-295N to Port/Waterfront Exit and stay to left. Take Danforth Street thru 3-4 traffic lights. Take right on State Street and cross over Casco Bay bridge onto Broadway Street. Take right at second traffic light (Cottage Road) to Shore Road. Headlight is on left. On a clear day, you can see six area lights.
Wood Island Lighthouse – Biddeford Pool. Get on Route 9 thru Cape Porpoise and past Goose Rocks Beach. Take a right at traffic light (Pool Road/Route 208). Follow Route 208 to end. Take left on Route 208 thru Biddeford Pool and lighthouse is on right.
- Vinegar Hill Music Theatre – 53 Old Post Rd. Arundel, ME 04046 | 207-604-5178
- The Nonantum Resort – Live entertainment Mon-Th. nights in season, Memorial Day through October
- Portland Symphony Orchestra – Concerts year round, 50 Monument Square, Portland, ME | 207-773-6128
- One Longfellow Square – Music Concert Hall, 181 State St. Portland, ME | 207-761-1757
- Wells Reserve at Laudholm: 1600 scenic acres of research reserve including a 19th century saltwater farm. Open year round. 342 Laudholm Farm Road, Wells | 207-646-1555
- Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge – Bird watching and self-guided tours. Open year round. Rt 9 Kennebunk/Wells Town line | 207-646-9226
- Intown Trolley – Stops right at the Nonantum’s front steps at 5 minutes past the hour. Spring & Fall: Stops every hour from 10:05-3:05 (ending at 4 pm). July & August: Stops every hour from 10:05-4:05 (ending at 5 pm). Save on ticket prices by purchasing at the front desk! Tickets at the front desk are $15 for Adults, $6 for Children, Children under 2 are free | 207-967-3686
- Shoreline Explorer – Runs from Kennebunk/Kennebunkport to Wells, Sanford, Ogunquit, and York. Requires a number of transfers with separate fees | 207_324-5762
Horse Carriage Tours
- Rocking Horse Stables – Depart from Dock Square (weekends only during the off-season), 20 minute rides, private bookings for special occasions also available | 207-967-4288
Surfing and Stand Up Paddle Boarding
- Aquaholics – Rentals and lessons, Rt. 35 past Guay’s Sunoco | 207-967-8650
Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Maine Ballooning | 800-585-5555
- Dock Square, Kennebunkport – shops, boutiques, art galleries and restaurants.
- Antique Shops and Auctions – All along Rt. 1 in Kennebunk, Wells, Ogunquit, York & Kittery.
- L.L.Bean – Open 24 hours, 365 days per year. 95 Maine St, Freeport (1 hour north), | 1-877-775-2326
- Freeport Outlets – 25 minutes North of Portland. Over 200 upscale outlets, designer shops, eclectic boutiques, great restaurants, and casual cafes | 207-865-1212
- Kittery Outlets – Just 20 minutes south of Ogunquit. Over 120 outlets and the Kittery Trading Post with savings of 20-70% daily | 1-888-548-8379
- The Maine Mall – Over 135 stores including restaurants, theaters and more. 364 Maine Mall Road, So. Portland | 207-774-0303.
- The Old Port – Portland’s Historic District offers over 158 shops, 65 restaurants, 28 galleries, and numerous pubs. All located in a charming five block area lined with cobblestone streets on Portland’s historic waterfront. 400 Congress St., Portland | 207-772-6828
- Breakwater Inn and Spa – 127 Ocean Ave, Kennebunkport, ME | 207-967-5333
- The Spa at Rivers Edge – 83 Portland Rd (Rt. 1), Kennebunk, ME | 207-985-3400
- Cottage Breeze Day Spa & Boutique – 31 Western Ave, Kennebunk, ME | 207-967-2259
- Breakwater Inn and Spa Fitness Center – 127 Ocean Ave, Kennebunkport, ME | 207-967-5333
- Quest Fitness Center – 2 Live Well Drive, Kennebunk, ME | 207-467-3800
- Beachwood Park – Beachwood Ave, Kennebunkport, ME 04046
- Parson’s Field – 19 Park St, Kennebunk, ME 04043
- Portland Racket and Fitness Center – Indoor Tennis by Appointment. 2445 Congress St, Portland, ME | 207-775-6128